Thread: Odd Issues!
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2011, 05:31   #1
Dougls
Inactive

Dougls is an unknown quantity at this point
Odd Issues!

Have just had virgin media installed, cable and broadband.
So far loving the cable, but having some issues with the broadband.

My internet speed for browsing is fine, as is direct downloads. However, playing world of warcraft is impossible, as is downloading anything with bit torrent.
I have previously used this laptop without issues for both wow and bit torrent on another ISP and different router.

I have the virgin XL service, 30Mb, and the super hub. I'm in greater London, SW4, so it's not like I'm out in the sticks.
Have tried using an ethernet cable plugged straight into the hub and have tried wifi, neither makes any difference.

I have set up port forwarding, as well as disabled the superhub's internal firewall and the IP flood detection, as a few things I've read have said they can cause issues with the connections.

For what its worth, although I am sceptical of the accuracy, the speedtest.net site, has given me a d/l speed of 1.16Mbps and an up of 0.73 Mbps.

I am using uTorrent as my bit torrent client, the uploads are capped at 25 kB/s, running only one torrent at a time to DL and then seed. I'm running windows 7, anyone have any ideas what I can do to sort this out?!

Thanks!
Dougls is offline   Reply With Quote