View Single Post
Old 25-06-2011, 09:06   #1
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute
Very Poor Service

I feel let down badly by VM

I recomended it to a mate, who only had the basic broadband and he agreed to up his broadband and give the TV a try, with a view to upgrading further if it all went well...........Now he wants to throw the whole thing out.

I attach a copy of the automated replys from Virgin
Virgin Media Installation Complaint
===================================
I originally sent this complaint via your website on 13th June.
Your Customer Services Complaint Ref 35481978 (KMM68642534I15977L0KM)
& also on the 17th June.
Your Customer Services Complaint Ref 35640289 (KMM68969898I15977L0KM)
& also on the 22nd June
Your Customer Services Complaint Ref 35784747 (KMM69277464I15977L0KM)
So this is another repeat message as nobody, apart from the automatic email, has contacted me & no, the problem hasn’t gone away.

I decided to upgrade my Broadband from L to XXL and to also add the 'TV L: 100 Channels' cable TV package.

Installation was arranged for Wednesday 1st June between 8am & 1pm.

Your installation engineer arrived at 12:15 obviously stressed & behind schedule.

He couldn't have been more unhelpful if he tried.
He rushed both the jobs & didn't stop looking at his watch.

Once he had configured the broadband he didn't test the internet connection or the email & I had to register the new modem/router which failed because it said that it had been already installed. I’ve since read the router instruction leaflet to get accustomed with it.

The new V+ HD box was installed and a very quick demonstration was given.
Bearing in mind that we have never had a virgin media cable box set up before I thought this was inadequate.

The big problem is that now our DVD player does not work.
Our TV has only one HDMI socket which is now occupied by the V+ box.
The engineer suggested that I bought an HDMI splitter.

I would have thought that after installation all that we had working before would still be available. I am sure that the ‘one’ HDMI socket problem has been encountered before & that a solution has been available.

We watch a lot of movies on DVD & to keep swapping cables at the back of our television just isn't acceptable.

I believe that there is a 28 day cancellation period after installation which I will take up if a solution isn't available at no extra cost.

However…

On the 6th June I phoned Virgin Media & after the usual very long delay I spoke to a customer support lady & threatened to cancel the contract. After I relayed all of the above she agreed that it was inadequate & arranged for another engineer to visit us on Thursday 9th June between 1pm & 6pm.

In the mean time I had bought an HDMI splitter & cable connector.

I had arranged to work at home on Thursday afternoon as I work on Salisbury Plain 50 miles from home. I leave for work at 7am every morning. The engineer phoned at 7:20am & my Wife took the call when he confirmed the appointment for 1pm-6pm that afternoon. My Wife then left home for the day for a previously arranged appointment. The engineer phoned me on my mobile at 10:25 asking if he could come to our house earlier as he was in the Thatcham area. I explained that my wife had gone out for the day & that I couldn’t be home until 1pm. He then informed me that he would leave our visit until last which would be about 6pm and although I wasn’t too pleased with this option I agreed.

The engineer eventually arrived at our home at 20:40, he was tired & stressed, not surprisingly. He attached the splitter but this option did not work. He said that perhaps a scart lead option would be OK but he didn’t have a spare in his van. He left us at 21:05 still without a working DVD & suggested that I contact customer services again.

This is that contact.

I look forward to your comments.
dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote