View Single Post
Old 22-06-2010, 18:41   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Telephony Nightmare!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Vantika View Post
I accept that faults do happen but it is the way I have been delt with that I have a problem with.

Engineer showed up two days later then the appointment unannounced. say I make a doctors appointment for Monday morning, is it ok with you if I arrive on Wednesday?

What about the promised call backs that never happen?

And the fact that no one knows if and when the fault will be fixed?

And as for the install, don't you think they should have known they had no lines before booking or do you think the agent was only after hes commison?

And by the way, the cynic in me thinks they installed a dodgy pair just so they wouldn't lose the sale, funny it went so soon isn't it?

And one last thing, the fault is no longer intermittent it's now permanent.
The cab was probably borderline at capacity and therefore hadn't flagged when booking the order on, to be fair.

They wouln't install a "dodgy pair" just to get a sale.. as that would go against the tech if you booked a fault call soon after.

Once you are all back up and working (and I know it's currently unknown when) speak to Customer Care and they will refund the time you've been without a working line.

Sounds like we would have been better just not connecting you to a 'phone line in that particular cabinet.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldbill View Post
So - it's the customer's fault they accepted his order without checking for capacity? I guess they're so used to oversubscribing on the broadband side they forgot about the old copper pairs for the sake of getting the sale.
Not true... the cab was probably "almost full" but may need some work on it to increase capacity.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote