View Single Post
Old 22-06-2009, 16:17   #7
smcaul
Inactive

Services: XL BB, Xl TV +Tivo, V+, VHD ,XL Phone, 1Gb Mobile BB, 3 x Virgin Mobiles
smcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nice
Re: Knotty Problem - connection drops when connecting to the internet via WGR614v9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
What is the problem with those instructions as they usually work.
He is not using, nor wanting to use Wireless!!!! That is the problem with the instructions!!!

To the OP, I suffer with the same problem, though not as often as you seem to. I also suffer from various other issues that I am sure are related to the netgear router.

As yet I have not found a way to stop the problems, but to me it seems that if the router starts to get a bit overloaded with work it reboots itself. When all is going to pot I notice I can not get access to the router (192.168.1.1), the Modem (192.168.100.1) or any other attached device on the network (VNC connected servers x2, IP phone x 1, 2 laptops and one desktop and 2 NAS) they all time out, give it a few seconds and all are back again. I run the Router and that is connected to 3 netgear switches, a 5 port and 2 eight ports, I have played around with the configuration of it all and it all points back to the Router being the problem. As it only happens with me once every couple of weeks I can live with it until I save enough pennies for a decent one.

One thing I will say is that I used to have an old V6 router and that was terrible for the same problem, the V9 is better but not perfect!!!
smcaul is offline   Reply With Quote