View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:05   #26
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Mind The Pay Gap? Tube Drivers 'To Get £55k'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
The police force can't strike Pierre.

Thank you for taking back what you said though - as you noted the train drivers are 'leveraging their position', absolutely nothing to do with the free market at all an entirely closed market no different from a monopoly supplier of goods ramping the price of them up the arse because they can.
I'm not taking anything back, LU are free to decline the pay demands.

Leveraging your position in a free market economy is fundamental to potential success or potential failure.

Quote:
I guess given you're fine with the tube drivers doing this you'd be fine with having monopoly suppliers of things other than labour leveraging their position to get the best possible deal for themselves?
I don't have to worry about that, as there is a monopolies commission.

Quote:
Perhaps if you were on the receiving end of their constant petulant strops, had the pleasure of trying to get to and from work when they are extorting London for more money
Get the bus

Quote:
or among the millions seeing their own salaries go up below inflation if at all, including workers far more skilled and in peril than tube drivers yet paid far less, while looking to 7-8% fare increases on LU you'd have a different opinion.
If your jealous of their career, then apply to be tube driver.

That last paragraph could be applied to a dozen other professions I don't see the need to single out tube drivers