View Single Post
Old 29-03-2010, 17:05   #1
dbateman2k5
cf.addict

Services: BB: 900 Mbps up/down (TOOB) Phone: Mobile (O2) TV: FreeSat
dbateman2k5 is on a distinguished roaddbateman2k5 is on a distinguished road
Nuisance Phone Calls

Hi

This has been occurring now for a few months now and always about the same thing.

Phone rings, I answer. Indian speaking person asks to speak to <name>, and I say speaking. They then says that they have received information that my pc is running slow and they can help fix it.

I ask how they got my details, they say from Microsoft. I told them that this is untrue as Microsoft doesn't have my details. They then said that the details they have were what I entered when I registered my Windows pc when I first got the pc. I then again say this is untrue as Microsoft's activation procedure doesn't ask for any of my details and only records my IP address and that I have activated Windows.

I then ask that my details are removed from the system and that they stop contacting me with their scam.

Then I get the same again within a few days.

Have spoken to VM and they asked for the phone number of the nuisance call, and I said that 1471 said the number was with-held/not known. VM said they can be of no further help.

I don't wish to change my number as it's an easy number to remember and I have had the number ever since I have had cable and don't want the hassle of having to change my number with friends, family, bank, etc.

By the way, I am ex-directory, registered with TPS, and I am not listed on the edited version of the electoral roll.

Any suggestions on what to do or how to stop these nuisance calls.
dbateman2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote