View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 18:50   #1266
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I do not think it is anything to do with feeling nostalgic. Back in the 70's, walking out of one job on Friday, in to another Monday, I am told was so easy. Not so easy these days.

Getting on the property ladder, was easy and more affordable back in the 70's, now it is not so much because there is a chronic housing shortage, which in turn is pushing up prices to ridiculous levels, because of our stupid open door, 'let them all in', policy.

Local services are over stretched. Schools over stretched because where we was suppose to keep only 10,000's coming in, we're still allowing 100,000's come in.

To me, it's not about how I want life to go back to how it was, I just don't want our country being connected or grouped with corrupted establishments and other corrupt governments that we have allowed to join the EU bloc and that is essentially the main reason I voted out. I think Ramrod said a while ago, it's not just all about 'money', for the reason for leaving.
Different 70s to the one I grew up in, with a recession in the mid-70s, inflation of over 20% at times, unemployment tiding to double digits (it hit a post-war high of one and a half million), the Oil Crisis, IMF bailouts, 3 day weeks, Winter of Discontent...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.