View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 20:28   #752
Traduk
Inactive

Traduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Mick is right and albeit this a highly emotive issue our desires will be best served by concentrating on the weaknesses in response and action by Phorm, it's CEO and agents acting on Phorm's behalf.

IMO having seen both the video interview and the transcript of the one on the Register, the CEO is pushing elements of responsibility towards the other side of the Chinese Wall which of course is the ISP's. There are a limited number of times either the CEO or his agents can keep repeating the same party line. There are two sides to this equation and if Phorm exhaust their ability to quell customer anger, the ISP management must respond.

Phorm are such an easy target given their history in a former guise that it would prove an enlightenment to see the logic of the ISP decision makers who allowed even the thought of this liaison to last more than milliseconds. The pressure must be kept on and progressively increased until the clamour for answers, hopefully from the press, forces ISP directors out of their bunkers and into a mode of open discussion. We can then decide whether as customers we wish to continue to subscribe and share-holders can decide whether the board of directors needs changes.

Phorm would not be of any concern to any of us if it wasn't because of ISP management decisions. I suspect that Phorm are hopelessly losing the battle for hearts and minds so I guess that the various ISP's management teams had better do something before the damage gets seriously out of control. I believe that once this course of action becomes common knowledge amongst all UK internet users, it has the potential to destroy ISP's.