View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 21:46   #1051
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

To think that's an issue that solely falls on Trump though, in my view half of the modern world is built upon those same practices. But if we go there, we'll end up in power mongering and greed debates.

All in all, we have to make debate with what we have but I and I assume others still think neither Clinton or Trump should've got that far, so something is broken and that something that is broken is a bigger issue than the current media circus. If we all suddenly went UKIP next election there'd be a reason why we did it.
We're discussing Trump so I reckon the nepotism question is relevant.
I just don't see a good reason from a risk-benefit perspective for Trump to employ his daughter. She doesn't need the money and he must have lots of loyal and capable employees from his companies who would happily serve him in his presidential role. If she's not being paid though, then I can't see any problem with it.
In contrast, I can see how in France a poorer Francois Fillon might feel that employing his wife helps the family coffers, despite the potential reputational risks.