View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 12:15   #64
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: VW accused of 'rigging' emissions tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Not wanting to be poisoned is not 'a compensation culture'. People who have never bought a car are being poisoned by this filth and VW have betrayed everyone especially those who have invested in their brand, including their sister companies. The compensation culture is the means to make VW pay for its lies; I'd rather have cleaner air but financial ruination for VW would be the next best thing.
If people did't want to be poisoned that much they wouldn't buy cars at all .Cars will pollute that is an inescapable fact ,the only variable is how much it will pollute and as far as the average car buyer is concerned the amount that cars can pollute is heavily regulated and enforced once a year through the MOT ,removing their need to concern themselves with it too much .
Instead of filling the pockets of people who in reality couldn't care less about car emissions and weren't inconvenienced at all why not just heavily fine the company ,lock a few of the execs up and force the company to develop less polluting vehicles.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Are you sure about that? I'd like it put to the test by asking parents which they would choose.
speaking as a parent i can state that when i bought my VW van the only thing i was concerned about was mpg and load capacity .I suspect most parents will look at price, mpg,comfort and room inside long before they go into what emissions come out of the back end which will vary on a daily basis