View Single Post
Old 14-08-2008, 20:38   #14063
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by madslug View Post
PR team seem to be back at work.

"Privacy drive 'could slow down the internet'"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2559...-internet.html
"It is predicted that more and more of us will try to stop our habits being followed, by turning off the "cookies" which remember which internet pages we have visited.
However, experts warn that this could cause delays in how we use many websites.
"

I think those same 'experts' should be looking at basic web standards. If they and the people who wrote the specs for website designs were more expert in those standards, there would not be so many cookies.
slighty off topic but relevant i think

i had a phonecall from business link today asking if i would participate in a survey, on asking for more details they said i was invited to partcipate in the survey as i had clicked a link on a email relating to an article.

i informed them i dislike being tracked in this way, the person seemed bemused by the comment and then just carried on with the script, i repeated i did not like my browsing being tracked , unphased i was asked if i still wanted to continue, i said it was not relevant as i immediately closed the page without reading more than the first line of the article, i got, "thankyou for your time 'click' "

wonder how that went down

peter