View Single Post
Old 30-11-2017, 21:15   #2625
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

I think what we can ALL agree on is that this is, one way or another, a totally different kettle of fish U.S President, whether people can stand him or not, he is different and he was technically elected on that premise.

I have said many times, I do not get the hysteria in the media and the constant minute by minute scandals that he has done or not done. Some have been Fake News others are just direct attacks at his communication style.

I fundamentally disagree with his actions over the last few days. But Theresa May does things that pisses me off too, but I would still vote for the party she leads. I am voting for the party, not it's leader.

In terms of the State visit, we are extending the invitation to the President of the United States, he represents the U.S whether people like it or not, he will be in position for next 3 years, or 7 if he is re-elected, if not, if things get serious with the Russian collusion story, if Mueller has something to get Trump with, it may go down a different path, but even impeachment proceedings will take a long time.

Democratic Congressmen have already produced articles of impeachment against Trump, I think Al Green, has submitted his second one in the last few weeks. But other Democrats don't want to entertain the idea as of yet.

Some are screeching 25th Amendment and fitness for office and that he is mentally deranged but to remove him on medical grounds, that is just as complex to invoke.

The Constitution was never written to make removing the President from office, an easy deal given that the Founding Fathers who created it, 4 of them actually became President.

The Mid terms may produce some interesting results, GOP may keep it's current standing or it won't but there is scandals rocking both parties right now, sexual allegations etc.

When Nixon was almost facing certain impeachment back in 1974, he had lost all of his political allies and the support from the people who elected him in to office. Trump still holds a solid support base. So if he is forcibly removed from office, I do not think it will go down well with the people who put him there, who still support him.