View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 14:22   #49
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Unstoppable migration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
There would be any number of problems from just closing the borders. Many global companies require the ability for workers to migrate, even if it's just for short contracts, or to recruit uniquely skilled workers for certain jobs. Just as an example we'll be building some nuclear power plants soon and I imagine we don't have all the requisite talents within the UK or newly expanded foreign companies trying to set up here who need to send some of their staff. These will all need work permits at the very least. Then you have issues with people that have foreign partners and what would happen to our own expats should we decide that no more foreigners are allowed in here. We would end up being an isolated island unwilling to recruit, marry or learn from the majority of people in the world who aren't British.

Closing the borders probably would help but in the same way amputating a leg would get rid of your athlete's foot.
Closing no, controlling YES. At the moment we have no control over our borders and i think its about time we got that back. Simples

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
You two are truly amazing human beings.

Not a thought about the human cost to these people, the enormous risks they have took just to get to these boats without knowing if they'll even get off alive, what they are escaping from and what they may have suffered prior.

No, just selfish rants about how people are economic migrants who must be abusing the system and do not deserve anything other than to be sent home.

Most of these people came from Syria, a country where nearly 75 thousand people died last year. Trying to de-humanise them or score political points wont make a damned difference. You want the flow of migrants to stop? Closing our borders and shouting la-la-la wont help.
So when did i say CLOSE the borders. Oh wait i didn't YOU did.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote