View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 13:46   #29
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
You really like to talk about yourself don't you ..
A perfect example of dead wood. Why would VM want to employ someone who speaks to customers like that and get rid of a valued team member instead? In my experience a period on reduced rate Jobseekers Allowance is often the best cure for such attitudinal problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuN View Post
Actually Richard, you couldn't be further from the truth.
Statistics show that when there's a recession, people actually upgrade their media services as they don't go out as much.
Yes, you do have a point to an extent, but the economic experts say that the economy is set to worsen. Pay TV V feeding your family- no competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Broadband has not not been classed a luxury for a very long time as the is such a high demand which can be met by the different ISP's out there.

Broadband is not an essential service for the vast majority of domestic users, indeed it has only been available in relatively recent times.

You have no idea of the kind of skill sets that will be lost when this centre closes and any so called "dead wood" are quickly weeded out by virtue of the targets that need to be attained and maintained so you cannot equate this to your business or many others.

It is unfortunate when those with skills have to be let go, as, has happened in past recessions, the same people have often moved on and are no longer available.

Times like this are never upsetting for management and most companies find decisions like this all to easy to make.
Nonsense, I have met a number of VM senior management. They understand the human cost of such action, however necessary it may be.

It is important to remember that management have to maintain a public face, but also have a private side to their lives. I tend to meet them during social occasions and many have expressed their regret at having to make the various forthcoming efficiency measures.

Management are not devoid of all emotion and a little understanding would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Not sure what happened there lol, my responses appear to have been absorbed into your message masque!