Thread: General VM Hubs as WiFi hot spots
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 11:44   #72
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: VM Hubs as WiFi hot spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
So as it stands:

If you have anything other than a Hub 3.0 then as broadband customer you can use the Virgin Media WiFi service on a compatible device.

If you have a Hub 3.0, then as a broadband customer to use the Virgin Media WiFi service on a compatible device you have allow your Hub 3.0 to be part of the Virgin Media WiFi broadcast network.
If this is true then VM have a lot to answer for.

I was told by CS tech department that I had to have a Shub 3 if I was to have 300 Mb. They told me that they are not issuing Shub 2s for new customers.

In my discussions with them over connection problems I was having at the time, they acknowledged that the built-in option for modem only is a customer retention strategy. That being so, they really do need to develop Shub 3 software that allows modem only and public WiFi.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote