Thread: Superhub 300mbps speed on Superhub?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 23:11   #15
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
Re: 300mbps speed on Superhub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwebs View Post
I must be the only person with a perfectly fine Superhub I think. Ours was installed in December 2011, and has never dropped a connection (we had a couple of outages in the area, but nothing the superhub caused locally). Runs on 300mbps without any problems...which is actually quite surprising given that our last (netgear) router died once a day and gave crap performance due to there being 50+ other wifi networks very close by (most of which were the idiotic BT ones switching channel constantly!). Since we moved to the SHUB we've not really had any signal or speed issues at all.
I might give the 300mbps a try in that case and see what happens. I had the same experience with Netgear routers, I had two of them and they would fail every day, sometimes several times in one day. I had to keep restarting them and resorted to a number of different measures, including removing all the outer casing and putting a fan on top and leaving in a bag in the freezer to cool it down! Pile of junk, they're both in pieces in the attic somewhere.
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote