View Single Post
Old 14-03-2012, 00:02   #6
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Few queries on upgrading to 30M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate View Post
After a long wait I finally phoned up and asked for an upgrade from 20M to 30M, the Superhub arriving this Friday. In order to prepare myself, I have a few queries.

1. When the Superhub is installed, do I expect it to work immediately with my present 20M connection? (The CS says I need to phone a number to upgrade the speed.)
[SEPH]: To get the 30M service on DOCSIS 3, you'll need to phone the number. I don't remember whether or not the SH will pick up on DOCSIS 1 - your 20 meg service. I should know but don't - sorry.

2. When the speed has been increased to 30M, my present modem will not work at all?
[SEPH]: Your present modem won't work at all once your account is switched to DOCSIS 3

2A. I have an attenuator fitted by an VM engineer some years ago, when the new hub comes, do I fix it with or without the attenuator?
[SEPH]: Keep the attenuator on. Look at the SH stats on 192.168.0.1 and see what your downstream power is. If it's in the range -3 dBmv to +7 dBmv it's OK with the attenuator on.

3. Any other hints and tips?
[SEPH]: Yep - get the SH into modem mode and use your previous/current router. This will provide the most reliable service for you.

Thanks

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote