View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 15:00   #1
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Standard Call Charges - Why Not Match BT?

I have to say that the only thing that has ever really bugged me about VM is their standard call charges.

Last year I upgraded to the XL Phone pack as part of a good service upgrade deal, but I still have had to route some called, mostly 0870/0845 and mobiles, through a 3rd-part provider - www.18185.co.uk - in order to save some money.

As you can see from the attached graphic*, which doesn't include calls to mobiles, VM's call charges remain substantially higher than BTs.

I realise that calls is there 'cash cow', which is why they discount so heavily when you take their phone-line, but I really think it's time they did something to address the problem.

I did try to move onto their Talk200 pack but it meant losing too much discount to make the move financially viable.

* Based on slightly old figures now, I know!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vm call costs compare.jpg (230.1 KB, 23 views)
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote