View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 10:46   #1
SilverLady
Inactive

SilverLady is an unknown quantity at this point
Sudden problem with opening e-mail with images

I had posted this on 'Security Board' before realising that it might be more appropriate on the Virgin board, so sorry for posting twice.

Have recently been plagued by problem when opening e-mail (Virgin Media). Anything with images comes up with Kaspersky error message that "Authenticity cannot be guaranteed - SSL connection with invalid certificate detected - either the name is not on the allowed list or was explicitly excluded." The details go on to say that "Windows does not have enough information to validate this certificate."

I have to select 'continue' with every e-mail. These e-mails are from frequent trustworthy contacts that I've never had a problem with before and seem to have started after a recent Kaspersky update.

I'm not sure who to contact - Virgin Media/Kaspersky/Windows. If it's Kaspersky, I'll be wasting my time as they have given me really detailed answers in the past that have completely misunderstood any problem I'm having.

Please, has anyone had a similar problem, with an answer, before I have to start contacting helplines?
SilverLady is offline   Reply With Quote