View Single Post
Old 26-01-2017, 00:10   #313
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Desperate stuff from Discovery:

http://keepdiscovery.co.uk/

"CALLING ALL SKY AND NOW TV VIEWERS: YOU MAY LOSE YOUR FAVOURITE DISCOVERY PROGRAMMES AND CHANNELS"

"Sky and NOW TV subscribers in the UK and Ireland could soon lose all of Discovery’s channels and programmes. Every week, more than five and a half million people watch one of our shows on Sky. Our fans are amongst the most loyal in TV and we have invested significantly to bring world class channels and high quality programmes to the UK for nearly 30 years.

We are committed to finding a solution with Sky in order to keep bringing you the channels you love."

It's emotional black mail. It's like they are staring into the abyss desperately appealing to SKY customers to step in and save the day.

Forget Gold Rush, Say Yes to the Dress and Tanked the "SKY carriage war" is the most entertaining thing Discovery have done in years.
Thing is Discovery channels are quite poor now and their pleas won't be heard, seems like they realised they've royally screwed up and are trying emotional blackmail now.
Only shows i'd miss would be dual survival, ed stafford but they're all on kodi anyway but then again i have bt tv so not affected i don't think.
Gives me a good excuse to use to drop sky multiscreen might be able to barter a bit as in contract lol.