View Single Post
Old 25-01-2017, 22:13   #306
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Kind of thing I expected from SKY. Get the announcement in early and monitor how many people give 30 days notice to cancel their TV service. SKY will already have worked out what their break even figure is. If cancellation requests don't come flooding in between now and the weeks after the channels go off air I can't see SKY breaking a sweat.

2 ways this can pan out. SKY see minimal impact which justifies their position that Discovery Network content isn't worth paying the asking price for. This puts Discovery Network in a position of losing the vast majority of their audience, carriage fee and loss of advertising revenue and having to face the reality of having to accept even less to get their channels back on the SKY platform.

The second outcome is SKY get more requests to cancel than they expected forcing them to go back to Discovery Network and paying more than they wanted to get the channels back.

I suspect SKY have already been preparing for the loss of these channels. SKY Sports Mix to cover Eurosport, Viceland to cover the Discovery Channels plus who knows maybe SKY Bravo might finally turn up to cover the nonsense broadcast on TLC, Quest and DMAX?