View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 21:47   #3688
jj20x

Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I politely explained that the cards were worth nothing at all unless he activated them, cue another 20 minutes whilst they tried to do the activation and eventually being told they would have to give me a refund.
The staff in this Argos store were stupid enough to hold their conversations very loudly so I could hear what they were saying, from their conversations it seems these passes they are selling off are out of date and will never be activated or work!

I guess they think most people buying one don't know the procedures or wont bother going back when the voucher doesn't work.
Lesson learnt for me, I got full refund and will never be tempted to fall for Argos selling off vouchers on their own cheaply again.
I've never had to have a Now TV pass "activated", they have worked perfectly well as described to you by the Argos staff. They are basically scratch cards. The validity period for activation is, nominally, 1 year from the date of purchase. So hang on to your receipt if you don't plan on activating the pass straight away.

The pass is activated when you type the code into your Now TV account and activate it.

I believe there is an activation process for "gift cards", were you buying a gift card or a Now TV voucher?

Last edited by jj20x; 10-09-2017 at 22:05.