View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 19:12   #2335
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
1. Is the box based on a Roku 2 or 3? I think it is ROKU 3

2. I believe it can be hacked via the developer menu? no but you can access the developer menu. https://recombu.com/digital/article/...ode-now-tv-box

3. If it can be hacked i heard i can side load 1 app only and alot of people side load the Plex app, if i did this could i somehow use my external Mybook World network drive with it without installing a Plex server on a PC that needs to be on all the time? plex will work not sure about mybook

4. Can i hack the resolution to output in 1080p all the time in developer mode? no

5. Does the USB port let me stream MKV and other content if i plug a memory stick into it? you would need to sideload a app apparantly to play anything of a usb device, i recommend just sideloading rarplex and use your computer as a media system or paying a extra £30 and getting a ROKU3 which will have more options and apps, rokus do have all uktv catch up services as well as netflix, amazon video, nowtv, sky store etc.

6. Can i hack it to install the Roku firmware? no.
Thanks for the info much appreciated! The box is in the bedroom so may not use it much, i was just after the 6 months entertainment pass for £19.99 that just happened to come with the box, got 6 months to mess with it on the Xbox One and 2 weeks of free Sky movies for over the Christmas period, but then i usually just get my stuff off newsgroups in a few mins.