View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 01:31   #2327
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
No, it's a single thread in which absolutely everything to do with streaming services and any related topics gets mushed up together, when it probably merits a whole separate board these days given how many services there are and how many people are using them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Keep it all in one thread, currently use Netflix, Amazon and Now TV and I prefer everything together so that I don't miss anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
A "Streaming services" sub-forum under "Other Digital TV Services Discussion" to go alongside the Freesat and Freeview ones.
In the old days this is how forums were normally laid out, but the problem with this in the modern age is that people are using more than one service and/or provider.

The 'Coming Soon' thread often goes of topic because VM cable users get drawn into discussions about the other services that they now use in parallel eg Freesat for the missing FTA channels on VM, Now TV to access Sky Atlantic etc.

To add to the mix, the poll that I created shows that most people don't just stick to one streaming service provider either!

---------- Post added at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 ----------

What happens with streaming services when a programme or film is about to expire?

If you start watching a film, say, at 11.30pm that expires at midnight, does it cut you off or let you watch it until the end?

If the system crashed I imagine that you'd miss the ending, which would be very annoying.