View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 00:41   #1577
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

David Aaronovitch in The Times nearly sums up what Trump did.
Quote:
The embassy knew it even if Mr Trump didn’t: Mr Khan was speaking on behalf of the capital. At that moment, in the hours after the bloodshed at London Bridge, he was a symbol of civic unity in the face of terror. And by insulting him, President Trump insulted Londoners. He didn’t care.
and he concludes
Quote:
In the meantime I’ve changed my mind about the proposed state visit. Short of an apology to London’s mayor, I don’t want him strutting through my capital city any time soon. He has insulted us and it is important that, like the French and the Germans, we exhibit a sense of self-worth, a basic dignity, when dealing with this aberration. For now at least, Britons don’t want him. Perhaps after today, when James Comey, the FBI director he sacked, gives evidence about the administration’s links to Russia, Americans will begin to feel the same way.
I wonder how Trump's words will impact his visit to the UK?

Source: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/c...dent-qx8wttqjj

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
We should see how it plays out later today.
Agreed, will be fascinating.