View Single Post
Old 29-06-2016, 08:56   #716
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post
Not sure if there is a way of doing that given that the EU countries and EEA countries require freedom of movement.

Angela Merkel said Germany will continue to trade with the UK but there was no mention of on what terms.

Even it would be possible it would take a long time to negotiate all the deals and we have to wonder what the consequences would be in the meantime.

A lot of people use Amazon which is based in Luxembourg. I wonder what the impact of Brexit will be. Will Amazon stop trading with the UK or will it be business as usual with possible variations in price?

A lot of our reservations are based on the uncertainty and we need some concrete facts and decisions to decide our own course of action. Until those facts and decisions emerge, the uncertainty will continue and we will just have to watch and wait.
As they are on line traders I doubt they would cease to trade with one of their biggest markets. I use Wish which is an on line trader in China but though it takes a bit of time to get goods, they are quite good. He he I trade with China so why not the country? No I think Amazon will be ok.

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I don't see what the fascination with the single market is ,it just brings with it EU control of our workforce ,working regulations and adds to bureaucracy,something we are fighting against

How does America,Australia,China India etc ,etc manage ,they all trade with the EU countries but do not have freedom of movement .We do not need free trade ,it would be better of course but not at any expense
Nor me, I don't think we need it really.

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
^^ This.

Even if there are some tarriffs does it really matter if you have to pay a few extra pennies for stinky French cheese? Especially as there are perfectly good stinky English cheeses.
Indeed. As I've said it wouldn't be in their interests to slap tariffs on us nor us on them. I think a deal can be reached with individual countries in the EU without freedom of movement and the single market. It just needs planning as I can't see Germany ceasing to trade with us no matter what the deal is.