View Single Post
Old 30-11-2008, 17:02   #1
2OLD2THINK
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV Phone & Broadband
2OLD2THINK is an unknown quantity at this point
Dynamode Router advice sought

Hello folks, this is my 1st post so appologies if it is in the wrong area, I feel that the team will move it to the correct one if I'm wrong.
I have XP running a Virgin Modem from Cable.
Cable goes to Dynamode router that was the one recommended by NTL.
Cable from Router to PC.
PCMCIA wireless card in Laptop.

Had a few broblems when Virgin had a revamp in June and was told to disconnect and go direct with the ethernet cable to the PC and was given a new Primary & Secondary Address.
Tried to connect the Router up and got a connection to the internet via the PC.
Fired the laptop up with the card in and got "Signal strength 100%" but message saying "Page not available" So I cant connect via wireless.

I have had several goes at reconfiguring both devices and am now in a Pickle and have had to go back to the ethernet cable. Tried to follow previous threads on wireless but the person with a similiar problem gave up in the end.
My age goes against me for remembering things I did previously and need to write things down before I start on a mission to get back my wireless, hopefully one of you may just have the information I require.

By the way, the help desk at Virgin were unable to help as they do not support this router, one originally recommended by the NTL team years ago, is this router now designated to the scrap heap?.
I do not want to have to go down the road of purchasing a new model from Virgin when they are giving them away to new customers, any help would be gratefully appreciated by a pensioner. Thanks.
2OLD2THINK is offline   Reply With Quote