Thread: Superhub There's some UPC in my hub
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2017, 22:01   #14
MUD_Wizard
Inactive

MUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to behold
Re: There's some UPC in my hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
How come I'm seeing it on my very much Virgin Media hub, Ben? Admittedly only when having issues (possibly immediately after boot).
Usually you may see the UPC branding and Hello screen if your hub is factory reset back to the earliest firmware and you manage to catch it in the brief minutes before the firmware updates to the Virgin firmwares (anything from trial onwards). This is assuming firmware updates (via Docsis 1) are relatively fast in your area.

Back during the trials Virgin changed it so that manual factory reset didn't revert to the oldest possible firmware, but it could still happen in certain circumstances.

For fun if you want to change the theme manually to UPC with the current firmware, just open the admin page on the Hub 3, then go to your browser's session storage (on chrome press CTRL-shift-I for developer tools, then application tab, then open the session storage drop down and click on 192.168.0.1) and change the ar_skin from 'vm' to 'upc'. Then refresh your admin page in your browser, the skin will change to UPC.
It will change back to VM skin when you login, so login to your admin first if you want all option pages to show in UPC skin.

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Like this:

Last edited by MUD_Wizard; 22-05-2017 at 22:12.
MUD_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote