View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 10:19   #102
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Surely though hiring more GP's will relieve the overwork .Most of the overwork issue will be resolved by going 7 days a week because instead of treating x amount in 5 days you will be treating the same amount in 7 days .Those extra 2 days will make a massive difference to the NHS .

I agree we don't ,the message should have been " we will introduce a 7 day NHS and you will have to pay more for it"

Only for emergencies ,not for the vast majority of NHS work it hasn't .In 2017 it should be possible for me to get treatment in the Musculo skeletal dept of my local hospital on a saturday or a sunday .In this country it seems to be considered more vital to allow me to buy a tin of beans on a sunday or get so drunk i end up in A&E than to get a steroid injection for Arthritis which would allow me to continue working and paying taxes .
Hire more GPs ? yes, but it'll cost ( and take years).

Non emergency appointments at weekends,? nice but it will cost.

This would be on top of the extra money required to maintain the status quo.

Question keeps coming back to are we prepared to pay? Although most say yes, they do say different when it comes to voting/affecting their take home pay. Buck stops with us all.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote