View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 01:42   #92
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
People always want to take the politics out of [something] but I fail to see how that really works. Politics is how we decide these things. People vote governments in or out in part on their performance managing things like the Health Service.

If anything taking politics out of these areas is a way cowardly politicians try to avoid being accountable for their responsibilities. Hence when we have situations like Southern where the government can point at the companies and the unions are say it's nothing to do with them when they not only gave them the contract but stuck their oar in on how it should be managed - i.e get rid of the guards.

Nah, the government is responsible for running the health service and they're accountable for it as a result.
Although I still think you put up a strong argument, it appears that some cross-party consensus may appear.
Quote:
Sky Views More than 20 MPs from all three main parties - and two former health secretaries - have called on the Prime Minister to set up an NHS and care convention to come up with a long-term funding settlement for the health and care system.
Theresa May has agreed to meet with Norman Lamb, the former Liberal Democrat health minister, to discuss the idea. I suggest she go one further; champion a cross-party solution, end partisan bickering and de-weaponise the NHS, once and for all.
http://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-...rself-10725599
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote