View Single Post
Old 31-08-2015, 17:05   #1912
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sorry, my post may have been misleading in that I quoted your post but was directing my comments to theone.

On your first comment, of course I understand that not all TV and streaming services are available throughout the UK. I was really pointing out that the vpn alternative was not as appealing as I once thought it would be. The lack of good broadband speeds will clearly affect vpn wannabes as well, and most people in the UK are able to get either satellite or cable services, so I'm not quite sure what point you were making here.
My vpn hits 35.4mbs everytime and never drops speed which is good as my speed is only 37.9mbs anyway, the free ones are the ones to avoid as they rarely hit 7mbs but most paid ones handle high demand without issue or speed drops. Streaming is now starting to overtake cable in the US and although quite a way to go here before the whole uk has high speed broadband streaming is taking off very well here too.
Regarding AMC my source is adamant vm are getting it by end of 2015 but MBs sources say otherwise so it is anyones guess at moment i am trying to find out more info though.