View Single Post
Old 16-05-2017, 16:06   #56
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Your favourite 'gadgets' - NOT phones :)

Given up my Nespresso because the pods are just too expensive, and the lack of real choice as only 1 flavour was strong enough for what I wanted. So invested in an ESAM4200 (Magnifica) from DeLonghi (£210) - Bean to cup. Makes a far better cup of coffee and cheaper too. And more choice of coffee style as well.

It's not one of those newer looking ones with screen menus etc, it's rather clunky and loud maker but for price it is one of the best ones for making actual decent coffee the way you want it, rather than using preset options which is what I didn't want.

The coffee from Nespresso wasn't too bad apart than the cups were too small, I was getting bored with just the same cup every day. I really regret spending the amount I have on the pods over 3-4 years. I now feel ripped off compared to buying beans. (1kg beans for £11 for Lavazza an estimated saving of around 3:1 compared to pods).