View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 12:51   #5449
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Kush. I figure that Livedrive FTP is the active variety. It uses Port 21. Using SH2 I never had to port-forward to get perfect streaming, even of Blue Ray film files as big as 30Gb.

With SH3 the largest files it will manage without slow buffering is 1.5Gb. I have forward the port to all house devices that use Kodi. I have also used an advanced config file within Kodi to allow it to use greater cache for buffering. I really believe it is the SH3 causing the problem even if my connection appears not to be dropping out.
Okay so...you can't really forward a single port to multiple devices, it doesn't really work that way - so I am not entirely sure what you've done there. IS there a better way to connect to livedrive than FTP? FTP is....less than ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
such as the one port that only works in modem mode
I thought the problem only affected the SH3 when it was connected to certain UBR's (or whatever they're called these days)?
I've got my SH3 in modem mode, have done for months and it hasn't given me any grief at all.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote