View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 20:17   #31
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Drought summit as rivers in England dry up

Me too. We used to play footy outside in the cul-de-sac and it was so hot the tarmac/asphalt pavement and road surfaces started to melt. We also had a beautiful Virginia creeper which had covered the front/side of the house for 30 odd years but that died in 1976.

My personal view is that we should plan, build and spend for the future when it comes to water, energy, flood defences etc. but it didn't happen when Brown was spending money like it was going out of fashion and I can't see it happening now the finances are really stretched.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote