View Single Post
Old 15-12-2017, 15:45   #3704
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
VM may not have any content as in TV channels to offer, but I wonder if there's a deal in there to allow Sky to access/use Virgin's BB?
Good point i believe VM did at one point have a deal in place where SKY used vms network for something, but now with Gfast rolling out would SKY really need vms network anymore?
Maybe the kicker in the long term with the deal between SKY and BT is that it opens the gates for SKY to use BTs gfast network, yes the lines are owned by openreach but BT are rolling out Gfast now.
Or maybe VM and SKY are in talks as we speak trying to get a deal sorted.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Virgin media are ran very very very very differently than BT or Sky good sir. You must see the difference? VM are a cash cow currently. They provide nothing new to the industry. They are just here to collect money. BT and SKY are stupidly spending millions on getting rights to football or daft shows therefore they increase prices

VM just increase prices and shrug their shoulders. There is literally no long term plan whatsoever for VM other than

"Giles!!! make money quick before we dump this stock!"
Tbf i find this a bit harsh, VM have been expanding their network so they are investing in their network, they are getting some exclusive content but only scraps what no-one else wants but it's a start.
I hope Den was sitting down reading this as me actually giving VM some credit might shock him lol.