Thread: Cricket Home tests 2017
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2017, 12:46   #35
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Home tests 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
As someone like Mr K who is old enough to have watched first hand the Windies teams of the early 70's I agree with him, the matches where not as one sided as this. A four day test was unusual, a three day one just didn't happen. He is also correct in saying the Windies are a spent force. More interested in baseball and 'soccer' these days.

How old where you in 1976 when Holding blitzed England at the Oval Den?
Old enough less said.

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Quote:
As someone like Mr K who is old enough to have watched first hand the Windies teams of the early 70's I agree with him, the matches where not as one sided as this. A four day test was unusual, a three day one just didn't happen. He is also correct in saying the Windies are a spent force. More interested in baseball and 'soccer' these days.

Also in the 70's test cricket in this country was shown non terrestrial TV so had a massive audience.

Can't disagree with that.

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Quote:

And Chris Gayle is one of at least five players who are not in this side but would be if not chasing money elsewhere.
If he and others put the pride of representing their country in the test arena before money and greed his thinking and others might be rather different.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Quote:
Like our media and pundits at that time of the 70's saying the same about us unless yours and Mr K's memory have forgotten that.