View Single Post
Old 29-06-2015, 20:43   #5824
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Someone on DS forum raised an interesting question on this , I wonder if we could see more sporting rights being sold on a Pan European basis.

Liberty Global and Sky have already extended their European footprint and surely there would be more incentive for the likes of Eurosport to take a look being that they have their channel all over Europe.

I understand many people have said it won't happen owing to the rights holders making more money by selling on a country by country basis but it will be interesting development to watch.
Well if a company held the pan european rights and didn't have a local broadcaster in a country and did it themselves then under EU rules i should be able to subscribe to the same service in the cheapest country that offers the same thing? I can't see a company charging, say, Poland the same price that they'd charge here.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote