View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 17:03   #1066
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Kabaal, you are forgetting that most do not have additional gadgets enabling them to watch Amazon and other streaming services on their TVs.

However, whether they do or not, this enables you to watch all these on demand services from one box. If Virgin add a good quantity of streaming services on their new V6, the need for all these boxes to get maximum TV choice will be unnecessary.

Not only do multiple boxes clutter up your lounge but it can work out quite expensive.
You are talking as though it takes multiple boxes to get the different streaming apps, it doesn't. You can get 4k Netflix, 4k Amazon, Now TV and all the usual catch ups on a single box that fit's in the palm of your hand costs half the price of what a monthly fee for the V6 would over a year.

If it doesn't have a monthly fee then great, none of this matters and i'd be happy to replace my tivo with one, but if you are trying to convince me that £10 a month (or however much) is better than paying £70 for a tiny box that can do all that anyway you are wasting your time. In a years time if Virgin has exclusive 4K content then that would be a different matter, but right now they don't.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote