View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 19:41   #153
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
A couple of times I've had my v6 cutting out - the screen goes blank and sound goes off for a second or half a second, then comes back on. This keeps happening in fairly quick succession (I tried uploading a video showing it happening, but the upload kept erroring.)

The first time this happened it seemed to stop after I switched the box to standby and back on again. The second time I had to reboot the box.

Is this a known issue?

It's worth trying basic things to rule out basic causes.
Try a known working HDMI lead (from another working connected device), and try different inputs to your TV

Also, check the video output setting on the V6.

My Telewest supplied HDMI cable on the V+ caused similar issues when I first got it years ago; a new HDMI cable fixed it. HDMI handshake can cause all sorts of problems as well.

It may not be any thing to do with these things, but at least you've checked the basics before getting an engineer out.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote