View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 13:32   #15
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BBC Red Button - will it arrive before the Olympics?

Seeing the BBC have released info today, and SKY have made a press release I'd imagine Virgin will follow suit either today or tomorrow with a statement to clarify their position.

Key questions to I'd like to see Virgin clarify to their customers in a statement, based on SKY’s press release:

SKY Say: “More than 10 million Sky homes will be able to watch the 2012 London Olympics through two dozen brand new BBC channels”

To Virgin: Will you be making all of these new channels available to your 4 million TV customers, without upgrading to TiVo?

SKY Say: “Sky homes will be able to view the channels via the Sky EPG, Sky+ homes will be able to record the coverage to watch at a time that suits them”

To Virgin: Will Virgin customers with V+ or TiVO be able to record the coverage?

SKY Say: “As with the rest of the HD channels on the Sky platform, the new channels will be broadcast in 1080i and in wide-screen to enhance the viewing experience.”

To Virgin: Will your HD coverage be broadcast in 1080i?

SKY Say: “The Sky+ Remote Record option also allows customers to set their Sky+ or Sky+HD box to record from mobile devices or the web.”
To Virgin: Will TiVo customers be able to remote record?
SKY Say: “The channels are free-to-air and available to any Sky home, and do not require a subscription.
To Virgin: If the channels do launch separately from TivO, will customers on the M package be able to access the channels?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote