View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 12:52   #57
WillPS
Inactive

Services: VM XXL Broadband, XL TV with V+ and L Phone
WillPS has a spectacular aura about themWillPS has a spectacular aura about themWillPS has a spectacular aura about themWillPS has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Guardian: "Sky Atlantic won't be on Virgin Media soon, says BSkyB boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
VM doesn't need Sky Atlantic, Sky want you to think you need it on VM. They are doing their usual tricks of saying "VM won't pay our reasonable offer"

All indicators show that more and more people are timeshifting their TV. I know I don't watch anything, apart from news live anymore. it's either TiVo'd or On Demand.
Did you read my post? Only you haven't really responded to what I said about VM On Demand being unable to compete effectively with linear channels +DTRs.

For many Sky Atlantic is going to be an irresistable pull. My parents are included in this. They, like many others I suspect, aren't changing yet because they hope Sky Atlantic will make its way over. Dad's giving them until the new Football season or he'll take a bundle from Sky.

I'd argue that Sky probably would need Virgin in order to make the channel a success, but I think many VM customers are narked they don't have it.