View Single Post
Old 27-06-2018, 17:57   #14
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The over-40s should pay a 'social care premium'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Non essential simply means not spending on things the country doesn't need.

You may think this is very vague, but the council I worked for until recently managed to save absolutely millions by this method, and then investing it in transformed services - getting more for less, in the end.

Although it has always been my view that this was the way an organisation should manage its finances, even I was shocked at the changes we were able to make.

Government finances need a dose of this discipline. At government level, the savings and benefits would be monumental.
You're still not answering the question.
I'm asking for a few examples - it's not a trick question. I'm just asking what you see as non-essential.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote