View Single Post
Old 16-01-2017, 17:37   #34
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: New content for Virgin Media

Now that the V6 boxes are rolling out, there will be increasing demand for more UHD content. 4k Universe could be the kind of thing that VM may go for - I certainly hope we are not simply reliant on Sky and BT.

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/64880...hinese-launch/

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Well, if Sky do overtake VM, the option would be to move to Sky

I don't think people are as ignorant as you seem to think, regarding streamer boxes; anyone who browses Amazon, can't avoid the adds for the Fire TV. And many don't care about streaming services; Freeview or Pay TV is all they require plus catchup services which are built in to Freeview and other provider boxes.

I'm surprised how many people that I meet, not young people, know about Kodi. Sadly, they mainly use it for illegal downloads.
I thought I'd ask some of my acquaintences, young and old, if they knew what Kodi was. Not one of them had a clue.

I think it depends what circles you mix with, passingbat. I am absolutely certain that the majority of the population are pretty ignorant about streaming boxes. Although a bigger percentage may have heard about Fire TV, most people who know about it only appreciate that they can get Amazon on it.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote