View Single Post
Old 30-11-2007, 12:01   #3
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age
Re: Keeping my current number and moving to Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by apskunky View Post
I'm unsure why they didnt put your number onto the order. It just seems like the sales person was lazy or something! If the number is a VM number [either ex-telewest or ex-ntl] there shouldnt really be a problem to put the number on the order. There are only a few situations where VM cannot transfer the number from BT. I'd ring back and see what they say as to why you cant have the number transferred on install date.
it can be added to the order, but there have been instances before where the install hasnt gone ahead on the scheduled date, for whatever reason, and because the number was due to port that day the number was lost. The customer then had to re-sign up with BT for a minimm of 3 months to port the number across, which lead to a very unhappy customer.

Doing it the way the sales agent has, does mean about 10 days with a temporary number but it does guarantee that your not going to lose the number, provided the bt isnt cancelled as you have adivsed.
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote