View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 07:05   #4763
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Doesn't explain how you deduced it from the modem stats. If there is no noise the upstream power will normalise straight away - as soon as periodic maintenance and response are exchanged CMTS will tell modem to back off to avoid the modem causing problems by overpowering return path laser.

To perceive noise as a cause from modem stats you'd need to see high upstream transmit power at the time of the issue.

Needs a tech either way. The upstream transmit is a little high and out of kilter with the forward path.

EDIT: T3 count would be useful.
The high upstream power shown in the stats was what led me to the possible deduction. So I asked Blair to see if the power was ramping.

Incidentally for Blair, the T3 count is best obtained IMO by using the stats from the ROUTER STATUS link at the top right of the GUI screen rather than logging into the GUI.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote