View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 16:39   #524
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

I'd seen that article, Andrew. There are some good policies in there and some horrid ones.

Quote:
May will promise to:

■ Freeze tuition fees at their current level Too little, too late.
■ Raise the threshold at which graduates start paying off their debt from £21,000 to £25,000 — saving graduates £360 a year. This will cost taxpayers £1.2bn Too little, too late.

■ Set up a commission to examine whether to slash existing debt and force universities to charge less than £9,000 for courses that give students less value for money. Not a bad idea, depending on who is in the commission and the findings.

In an effort to help young people onto the housing ladder, the government will:

■ Plough an extra £10bn into the Help to Buy scheme, allowing an extra 135,000 to get a low-cost loan to buy a first home I cannot face-palm hard enough to express my thoughts on this.

Everything below is all good, though.

■ Ban letting fees, which cost the average tenant £327

■ Extend the code of practice that governs letting agents to private landlords

■ Devise tax incentives to encourage landlords to offer longer tenancies.