View Single Post
Old 17-04-2024, 21:31   #11
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Roaming cost in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
There was a story a few years back, a family went on holiday, but the teenage son decided he would rather play CoD on his computer that explore. he had a large update which he downloaded, the bill was about £7,500.

The provider said we want our money.

TBH i back the provider.

Although they should have been a cut off that the account holder could remove.

But at the end of the day, there will be a safe wifi connection.
When I worked in Director Complaints at Vodafone I got some stories and crazy bills. There was one guy who travelled with work and spent weeks in Northen parts of Russia. He got a bill of 18,784 after he got home. Said he wouldn't pay it but at the end of the day he used the phone. We had evidence on the system that he received SMS warning of costs in that country and that he removed the £100 limit that was originally placed on the account. However as a nice guy I offered to take £1000 off as goodwill and set him up a payment plan and put all bars back on the account and advised him to carefully read and take notice of any texts he received while abroad.

Similar used to happen on cruise ships a lot.