View Single Post
Old 24-08-2017, 20:27   #2333
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Hi what I mean is they shouldn’t hide that, as they said February so they should be keeping customers up to date
You raise a good point, what is the value of DNP orders? I liken it to a situation where the BBC releases details of a weeks TV programmes to the Radio Times, but orders the publishers not to print the information. The Radio Times then complies by replacing BBC programme details with a note that they know what the programmes are but have been ordered not to print the details.

I wonder what RT readers would make of that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Breaking news coming in tonight to Media Boy HQ from Media Boy Sources say the new PPV Slate is something to do with one of our DNP orders.
At a guess it is a slate to give more flexibility to PPV streams. If VM are to offer additional streams, the current arrangement could be a little restrictive. But a slate is just a slate, it's not a big deal.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Look like Virgin UK Channel 975 is set to close.

The Channel has been renamed on Sky but Virgin Media UK says "Oops We are Currently experiencing technical difficulties and cannot bring you this channel at the present time".

Also the Red Button has been removed.
Well, the adult PPV channel numbers are just static video streams (slates) serving as a promotional link to the NVOD streams carrying the actual content. The real story here is probably hidden away in the NVOD streams. At a guess, it's just another one of many adult channel rebrands, these seem to happen with monotonous regularity on satellite platforms.

Last edited by jj20x; 24-08-2017 at 20:44.