View Single Post
Old 14-03-2012, 13:45   #62
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Ryanair Censured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
There are 4 main airline markets:
  • Cargo
  • Business/Sheduled
  • Charter
  • Budget, which is basically like a bus service

Many business passengers will usually travel with the likes of BA, although many are now complaining about BA's standards dropping.

Charter airlines are used mainly for package holidays.

Budget are a bus service by air.

Air Berlin are not part of the BA/Iberia group (unless this has only just happened). And although they are not a budget airline as such, they do dabble in that sector, with very cheap flights on some routes.

BA could learn a lot from Air Berlin, by using supply on demand. After all we are in a worldwide recession, so many business flights no longer go business class, they go budget instead. THey really nood to move with the times, and adjust accordingly.

Yes you travelled on the worst one, so you are in no position to judge the others.

We all like to be pampered, not just you Alan. But for those who aren't rich, then it makes sense to go for the best value. When I fly trans atlantic, then I would rather have a comfortable seat, good entertainment, and a nice meal (or two). But if I'm flying out to may appatment in Mallorca, then it's a two hour flight (it takes longer to drive to visit my mother in Yorkshire). So I will usually just read a book, or look at the view, which when it is clear can make the time fly by. I can easily manage for two hours without a meal, but I can buy food if I want to.

The view is no better from a BA flight, than it is from a budget one:

You need to lear to understand business Alan. BA don't compete with the budget airlines, because they are stuck in the past. If they want to move on during a recession, then they need to follow Air Berlin's example Supply on demand

What BA need to do is buy EasyJet along with what you have suggested, I accept a lot of people like to travel on Low cost airlines, but for now, I am yet to be convinced. However, for the end of the year I will give EasyJet a try
Also Air Berlin is part of the Oneworld airline alliance which also has American Airlines, BA and Iberia as well

Lastly, do you own or rent an apartment on Mallorca?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote