View Single Post
Old 14-03-2012, 13:34   #61
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Ryanair Censured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
But if they took over a budget airline, then the airlines would not have to reduce standards on their non-low-cost service, also BA are buting BMI as well, Air Berlin is not a budget airline and is part of the same alliance as BA/Iberia
There are 4 main airline markets:
  • Cargo
  • Business/Sheduled
  • Charter
  • Budget, which is basically like a bus service

Many business passengers will usually travel with the likes of BA, although many are now complaining about BA's standards dropping.

Charter airlines are used mainly for package holidays.

Budget are a bus service by air.

Air Berlin are not part of the BA/Iberia group (unless this has only just happened). And although they are not a budget airline as such, they do dabble in that sector, with very cheap flights on some routes.

BA could learn a lot from Air Berlin, by using supply on demand. After all we are in a worldwide recession, so many business flights no longer go business class, they go budget instead. THey really nood to move with the times, and adjust accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I know I traveled on thr worse one, but even that put me off, some like budget airlines (like yourself) and some do not (like myself)
Yes you travelled on the worst one, so you are in no position to judge the others.

We all like to be pampered, not just you Alan. But for those who aren't rich, then it makes sense to go for the best value. When I fly trans atlantic, then I would rather have a comfortable seat, good entertainment, and a nice meal (or two). But if I'm flying out to may appatment in Mallorca, then it's a two hour flight (it takes longer to drive to visit my mother in Yorkshire). So I will usually just read a book, or look at the view, which when it is clear can make the time fly by. I can easily manage for two hours without a meal, but I can buy food if I want to.

The view is no better from a BA flight, than it is from a budget one:

You need to lear to understand business Alan. BA don't compete with the budget airlines, because they are stuck in the past. If they want to move on during a recession, then they need to follow Air Berlin's example Supply on demand
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote